Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lamb cutlets with lemon

I love it when I make stuff up and it works out.  I felt like lamb, and had to use up what was left in the fridge (we're taking a holiday at the end of the week).  This was the delicious result:


Take one lamb rack:
Use a sharp knife to slice between the bones, and turn your lamb rack into lamb cutlets:
 
Of course you could also just buy pre-prepared cutlets.  Or you could use lamb chops, leg steaks, whatever you get your hands on!
Today, for my quick-use-everything-in-the-fridge project, I needed to use lemons and plain yoghurt (Greek, but any plain, non-sweetened yoghurt would do.  Or sour cream.  Either way, my apologies to Kerryn - I promise to post something dairy-free soon!)  
Mix half a cup of yoghurt with the zest and juice of a small lemon, a teaspoon of chopped mint, and a clove of garlic (crushed).  Then, take each cutlet and dip it to cover the surface.  (I prefer to leave the bone clean, as this mix tends to just burn when it's not on the meat!)  Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Pop into a 200°C oven for 10 minutes (no longer.  It is a crime to overcook lamb.)
Serve with couscous and stir-fried veges.  I've posted a quick couscous how-to separately because it's really quick and easy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment